Tuesday, April 29, 2008
ending statement: Genie is excited for the "Glow-in-the-dark concert" (TONIGHT!)
This past weekend was one of the "on-your-toes" weekends I've ever had. It's crazy how fast things are going. Time just flies out the window. You'll find yourself on the next doorstep of your future. (if that makes any sense to anyone)
Try and keep up with the rest of the world. Times are changing and some of us just don't realize how fast it's changing. These years have been like the wrap up years. Our fashion resemebles those in the past, so does our stuff. It's crazy. The end is coming....probablly sooner than you think.
Get your mind out of the box.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
BECAUSE! it's like the 6th sense! haha XP
not but really, why fashion? who needs it?
You don't want to be the kiddo left behind because you don't think twice about what you're going to wear this morning. Come on.
People will look more than twice at you if you have good fashion.
Here are some simple accessories that you can buy to make your fashion more upscale. Your outfit can turn from something trashy to classy in 2 seconds, just because you added a simple accessory.
1. The thin scarf. This is probably one of the most effective pieces of accessories. This is a unisex accessory, both sexes look good in it. You can be wearing a simple white tee and jeans, and if you throw that one, you'll look like you have some kind of fashion sense. Honestly, it looks good.
4. The slouch/knitted beret. This is usually for girls only. It's like a hat that holds onto the form of your head. It's cute and easy to add in. You can also have a rest day and let your hair be scrubby and you can easily hide the hair in the beret. Also it often compliments certain hair styles. It's a great hat to have, it lets you have a chill, cool, calm collected look. And it comes in many types of knits & colors.
Well, that's all I have for you today. Try these things. I'll be back with more of the fashion tips I think others should know to boost their fashion sense.
BE WELL EVERYONE!
"didn't have a camera by my side this time
- John Mayer
"close your eyes, close your mind, see with your heart." - Lupe Fiasco
This song is very intresting. Language = french. I first heard it when UTSA was dancing to it, at Goodphil 2008. It's the first song you hear them dancing to. Whoever chose to dance to that song is genious. Not many dance crew think of dancing to jazzy type music. They alway automatically think HIP HOP! Let's get something "CRUNK" or rather..."HYPHY"....sure...do that. Really all you need is a good beat to dance to, and you're set.
Well, it's always good having a wide variety of music you like. I take I'm one of those who has a VERY WIDE RANGE of music I take interest in. It helps you be more diverse, and open. Try it, I think you'll find you like more music than you dislike.
New found love - jazz feel music
I want this t-shirt. I hope they sell it at the "glow-in-the-dark" concert, because I'm going! YA DIG!? kehe XP
Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D, & Rihanna. That is one deal. Thanks to my sister I get to see them on May 1st (I believe).
Anyway, I know this is Kanye West's concert, but...I would get Lupe Fiasco's t-shirt before his. Because....Lupe is my fav. rapper, lyricist...etc. He's really skilled and I look up to him.
so yea, that's all the postin' for today. Talk to ya laterz kiddos. PEACE!
I need one of these cool vacuums. Having a messy kid and Geejoe in the house never leaves this house clean for ONE SECOND.
Supposedly it gets rid of all the dirt on your floors. (CoooOoooOL)
Anyway, what if these things could clean the ceilings too. (i know what you're thinking...ceilings? you're bizarre, but, no, really....cobwebs get up on the corners of your house...especially on the ceiling where you can't reach up and destroy the poor little spiders web.
Another thing...sometimes cleaning can bring you down memory lane.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
if this is you, i like you>
Anyway, I like how he's dressed. Honestly, I need to get me some hightop shoes. Not just the converse, but other kinds of shoes. Nike, Puma, Adidas...or like his shoes.
I have yet to get my style, or fashion coordination....well coordinated. I can't become a fashion designer, if I, myself doesn't have good fashion sense (sounds like valley girl talk).
Okay, I'll end things off with a question.
You ever wonder how people really catch on to fashion trends, what is it that makes a trend fall apart or build up?
I'll tell you my answer, if you tell me yours...
Sign - um...sign?
1. to prepare the preliminary sketch or the plans for (a work to be executed), esp. to plan the form and structure of: to design a new bridge.
2. to plan and fashion artistically or skillfully.
3. to intend for a definite purpose: a scholarship designed for foreign students.
4. to assign in thought or intention; purpose
5. Obsolete. to mark out, as by a sign; indicate.
6. to make drawings, preliminary sketches, or plans.
7. to plan and fashion the form and structure of an object, work of art, decorative scheme, etc. –noun
Recently, I've been working on a project I'm really engaged in. I really want to show you guys...but I don't want to reveal it before it is finished, so I've fought the urge & I have yet to show you.
-fact: i like urban art/modern art (graffiti, japanese art)
-fact: i'm working on sketches that have something to do with it
-fact: i think i know what i want to do in life.
-opinion: my dad doesn't exactly want me to do what i want to, in life.
Academie sketch pad: $5.49
pack of bic mechanical pencils: $2.69
Thinking about the future: priceless...
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
This is really cool. I think Mike Song has become one of the people I want to meet. I'd like to learn his choreography...someday. Well, I've learned some of the dance....from 00:25 - 00:30 (that's pretty much it) but anyway I digress, one day I would really like to dance like him.
Learn to dream big, then learn to live the dream.